Job Type: Regional Engagement Coordinator
Location: Remote or home office centrally within ~130-mile radius of Brainerd, MN
Region: Western Great Lakes – Minnesota, northwest Wisconsin, northeast Iowa (also assists with a
chapter in Seattle, WA).
Posting Open Date: November 30, 2023
Posting Closing Date: December 30, 2023 (Or until filled by an exceptional candidate)
At RGS & AWS, we believe forests are essential, not just for wildlife, but for all life. For more than 60
years, our foundation has been embedded in the tenets of sound science and the belief that
sustainable forest management is integral to wildlife conservation. We create landscapes of diverse,
healthy forests that provide homes for wildlife and opportunities for people to experience them.
These same forests clean the air, filter water and support local communities.
We’re seeking an outstanding individual to increase member engagement. This position will include
organizing fundraising banquets and events, along with engagement and education events for local
chapters in your region, as well as helping develop and drive policy advocacy. The Regional
Engagement Coordinator will empower volunteers to become conservation leaders, working with
chapters that engage a larger network across the region for conservation delivery, advocacy and
• Experience planning, executing and evaluating fundraising events with more than three
years of experience collaborating with and leading community members, volunteers,
staff and board members in project/event management.
• More than three years of experience with public speaking, email communications and other
means of communicating with the public and community groups.
• Ability to lead and motivate with a passion for forest and wildlife conservation.
• Well-organized with experience managing multiple projects under deadlines.
• Ability to establish a home office centrally within the regional service area.
• Willingness to work hours that sometimes extend beyond the typical workday and
workweek, including travel throughout the region (valid driver’s license required).
• A degree in communications, marketing, public affairs, social or environmental sciences or
similar field is preferred.
The Regional Engagement Coordinator will work directly with RGS & AWS volunteers to engage
various stakeholders to increase advocacy, membership and fundraising opportunities at the local,
state and regional levels. Specifically, the coordinator will:
• Work directly with chapter volunteers to help them organize and orchestrate fundraising
events and activities such as banquets, shoots and online events.
• Effectively communicate with members, donors and supporters, including in-person,
email and social media outreach, keeping them advised of relevant news and success
• Support, encourage and empower current chapter leadership and cultivate new leaders.
• Host regular "meet and greet" events (in-person and virtual) with RGS & AWS staff and
other professionals, offering presentations that engage donors, members and volunteers.
• In collaboration with the Vice President of Communications & Marketing, build
relationships with local media (print and electronic) to publicize RGS & AWS activities and
• Support the RGS & AWS Membership Department on promotional drives and campaigns.
• Work directly with the RGS & AWS regional staff, the Development Director and Conservation
Team to create on-the-ground positive involvement with local communities and businesses.
• Identify potential relationships with companies, foundations and donors capable of
magnifying the RGS & AWS mission through their philanthropic vision.
• Notice opportunities to increase mission impact and convey them to colleagues across RGS
& AWS program areas.
• Make independent decisions based on analysis, experience and judgment with appropriate
oversight from supervisor. Work with supervisor to manage priorities, especially during
Compensation: Read the full job posting and/or apply